Nobody likes taking a hit when they go to sell something, especially when it is one of the largest investments of their life. Purchasing real estate is a huge investment and selling it can be an even bigger one. In this article, we will go over seven ways to get more for your home. Hopefully some of these tips will help and you will be able to put them to good use.
- List for less than market value. This will make your home look highly desirable in a tight market and create some urgency with your buyers. Buyers will act faster because they don’t want to lose out on a deal and this should increase your odds of multiple offers.
- Brighten up the place. Clean out the windows, open the blinds and turn on the lights. Open concept is what many new home owners are currently looking for, and you can help create some of that simply by making the home look more open and spacious with some light.
- On that same note, clean out the closets. You can make a home look like it has more storage by removing at least 50% of everything in your closets. This will definitely help sell your home.
- First impressions are key, so paint the front door. While you are painting your front door, go ahead and install a nice, sturdy doorknob and lock. The fresh coat of paint and new lock will help make the place feel newer and less used. Everyone wants to feel safe at home and putting in that new, sturdy lock can help create that sense of security your buyer is looking for.
- Clean. Clean. Clean! Dust from the ceiling fans all the way to the floorboards. Don’t forget to pull the weeds and grass growing between the cracks in the driveway as well.
- Make everything neutral. Yes, the pink nursery looks great for you and your home; however, you are trying to sell it. Since it will no longer be your home, you need to help the buyer feel like it could be theirs. What if they only have boys? Pink might distract from all the other amazing features your home has to offer. A fresh coat of paint in a neutral color can help make a huge difference when it comes to the atmosphere the home brings.
- Put away the photos. Again, little Suzie is adorable; however, you need the buyers to feel at home and not like they are invading someone else’s home.
Now get out there and get the SOLD price you are looking for!