As an eleven-year-old boy, I was acutely aware of the danger of being lost or stranded without help. My parents had taken the entire family to the Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico. At that time there were no paved walkways in the caverns themselves and the lights were weak and far apart. Our group of several hundred participants dropped into the cave immediately after several thousand bats flew out of the large opening. The sights were amazing and our tour guide explained how the caves were discovered. It wasn’t long before I left the group and started doing a little exploring on my own. A short time later I was alone and scared. Fortunately, a Park Ranger found me and guided me back to a common meeting place. As we journeyed back to the elevators that would take us to the surface, the Ranger showed me where earlier explorers had perished while charting and mapping the caves. After some three hours, I was reunited with my family. I realized that if it weren’t for finding the professional help I could have experienced a very different outcome.
What does all this have to do with real estate investing? The answer is simple. Now, many years later, I can positively state that without experienced and qualified help, the real estate investor of today could be just as lost as I was at eleven years of age, and experience a very different and possibly much more dangerous outcome than anticipated. In that light, let’s discuss five simple reasons why seeking professional help when starting in real estate may be the key to your future success. There’s no reason to experience a dramatic and dangerous outcome when professional help and education is so available.
- Professional Help Can Overcome Personal Fear. It’s absolutely certain that almost all real estate investors experience fear of some degree or another. Perhaps it’s the fear of losing money. Maybe it’s the fear of interacting with people on a one-to-one basis, or it’s just the fear of acting without enough knowledge. There are numerous different reasons why fear is such a burden for real estate investors, but regardless of the exact fear, professional help can help alleviate the pressure
Real estate professionals carry with them years of experience in confronting problems of many kinds. When you engage a qualified professional, they have the ability to share both potential problems as well as possible situation. Take the time to access their knowledge and apply their advice to your personal solution. When you do so, you will find that your fears diminish and sometimes vanish altogether.
- Professional Help Will Teach You the Do’s and Don’ts. It goes without saying that the professional’s primary job is to provide education that will guide you towards personal real estate success. But there’s much more. A good professional will be a complete guide that will escort you on the journey from start to finish. During this time, you will learn new and different investment techniques. Each of these strategies may have certain things you should do, and other things you definitely shouldn’t do. We call them the “Do’s and Don’ts of Real Estate Investing.” It is imperative that you learn and incorporate this information so that you don’t fall off the path leading you to your future success.
If you rely purely on your own experiences to develop your overall real estate strategies, you will be short-changing yourself. Use the professional and learn from both the successes and failures of others, rather than falling off some unforeseen investment cliff. A wisely chosen real estate professional can be the National Park Ranger that helps you complete your overall real estate investment journey without falling into some deep and dangerous cavern.
- Professional Help Can Be a Guide to Different Real Estate Strategies. There are multiple investment strategies that have been proven successful for real estate entrepreneurs across the globe, but there are never certain guarantees. It’s a given that you must put forth effort and even invest financial resources. A well-chosen professional can help you direct your efforts more wisely, as well as provide credible information that will assist you in deciding how to allocate your financial assets.
With such a wide variety of possible real estate strategies available today, it is critical that you get credible help in developing your own potential real estate strategy. You may initially have an interest in simple renting and landlord strategies, but a wise professional can help you use your existing talents and resources in examining other new and profitable alternatives.
- Professional Help Provides Strength in Numbers. All real estate investors learn quickly that numbers don’t lie. You can’t expect to have success in your real estate journey if you don’t collect accurate and true information. A good real estate professional should provide the ability to gather and evaluate any numbers dealing with your specific real estate strategy. When you have help in evaluating and analyzing the true numbers concerning your investment you won’t inadvertently slip off the cliff and experience a fall in value.
Another way that the professional provides strength in numbers is by ensuring that you are no longer all alone. The real estate investor that relies wholly on himself or herself in evaluating a property or strategy is walking in the caverns without a Ranger to guide him. There is a tremendous advantage in having someone to talk to and discuss possible investment options. Allow your real estate professional to provide this strength.
- Professional Help Stops Real Estate Investor Paralysis. Paralysis in real estate investing can best be described as the state where you fail to take action. As you gain knowledge and learn what to do, the one thing stopping you will almost always be the simple act of taking action. The true real estate professional will help you avoid this state of paralysis.
When you have someone, who can listen to your ideas and provide feedback, you will be more inclined to move from the “knowledge” state to the “action” state. This one quality of actually taking action will do more for your total success than anything else. And a good professional will inspire you to move forward and actually do something. Great ideas are nothing without actually acting upon them.
Seeking help from real estate professionals may improve your actual performance as well as add discipline to your real estate journey. True professionals don’t magically appear out of nowhere. You may have to spend time viewing web blogs, searching online, and attending seminars or training events, but the effort you put forth in identifying true real estate professionals is worth the effort.
When selecting someone to guide you on your real estate journey, make sure that the individual, company, or legal entity has the proven experience to help you form accurate decisions. Never trust someone as a professional unless they can provide you with verifiable information as to their expertise or real estate success. Take the time to investigate the prior success of the professional and don’t expect the true professional to work for free. Even though there is generally a cost involved in securing professional help, you may find that the cost of seeking help is beneficial in gaining education and avoiding potential pitfalls down the road.